Quilting your dreams

Quilting your dreams

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

around the world blog hop

'I have been tagged by Marie of Marie's Creative Space for this.  So here goes my answers to the questions.

1. What am I working on ?
   Piecing
    Dancing Nine Patches a Bonnie Hunter Pattern

    Pineapple blocks from my scrap bin with the creative grids ruler.
   

   Machine Quilting
   Customer Quilts and Background on my Twisted Star. this pattern is no longer in print by here is a  link to it

2. How is my work different than others?
Really ! What a question ! UGH....I can say I am the most precise piecer or machine quilter but I can say I am fairly consistent.  I am always willing to share.....PLEASE come invade my scrap bin :)
That being said......quilting is my PASSION. Many times I will not look at a quilt and see the easiest quilt plan, but I will go for what I truly feel is the best plan ( many times I am begging to go on to the next by the time I am done)

3. Why do I create?
Again quilting is my PASSION.  I love the process of taking the fabric and pattern and making my own.  Sometimes at night, as I am laying in bed waking for sleep to take me, my mind goes off to envisioning various quilting plans to do the same quilt......(this can be both good and bad)

4. What is my process?
My piecing process.......pull a pig (project in grocery sack) out of the closet and start......If it is something that is not a group project of swap project that is. My goal is to clear out all my pigs (projects in grocery sacks) that have built up over the years.

Machine quilting. If there is no defined plan; I know is will not be an allover ....I will do all the stitch in the ditch/stabilizing work.  Usually by the time I am done with this the quilt has whispered to me what it thinks I should do.   Note: we call this SID and STARE not much different from Stand and stare. 

I am tagging 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment